Buddhist Tzu-Chi Merits Society Malaysia is committed to ensuring that personal information is protected and managed in accordance with Malaysia laws, international good practice and individuals’ rights. We collect and use personal information in order to help us offer individuals appropriate information on our programs and initiatives, monitor our donations and administer our activities.
Data Protection Policy
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA) establishes data protection law that governs the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data within the ambit of PDPA.
Buddhist Tzu-Chi Merits Society Malaysia recognizes that the privacy of your personal data is important to you. We are committed to treat all personal data with due confidentiality, in accordance with the applicable data protection laws of Malaysia.
By providing us your personal data, you agree to us processing your personal data and sensitive personal data in accordance to our personal data protection notice as stated in this policy.
Collection, Usage and Disclosure of Personal Data
Depending on the purposes, the data which may be collected and processed includes but not limited to:
- • Contact information: name, complete address, residential zone, phone number, and e-mail address.
- • Information you wish to share: your age group, spoken language(s), nationality, photos, questions, comments, and suggestions.
- • Your request to receive e-magazines and other informational materials from the origanisation or its affiliated organisations*.
Your personal data will be maintained and processed by Buddhist Tzu-Chi Merits Society Malaysia and its affiliated organisations*, for purposes including but not limited to:
- i) To contact you in regards to any Tzu Chi related activities, programs and volunteer opportunities which you have signed up for;
- ii) Updates, reports, publications and news release or broadcast relating to our programs or activities;
- iii) To respond to enquiries, enrolments / admissions to our missions, programs or activities;
- iv) To respond to applications for job / aid / assistance;
- v) To send messages, e-magazines or other informational materials which you have subscribed to and/or which we think may be of relevance to you;
- vi) To issue and send donation receipts and compile relevant analysis and/or reports.
Buddhist Tzu-Chi Merits Society Malaysia will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
Your personal data will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed without your consent unless compelled by the law, to any unauthorised third parties and/or for any purpose other than which it was disclosed or as described above, except where the exceptions to requirement for consent in the PDPA apply.